San Rafael CA – November 21, 2010– On the morning of Saturday, November 20th George’s discovered a kitchen fire and subsuquent flood which has caused the temporay closure of the nightclub. According to fire investigators clean rags stored near the kitchen’s water heater combusted to create a fire. As a result of the fire the water heater burst putting out the fire and simultaneously flooded the entire nightclub with two to three inches of water. Ensuing damage from the flood has affected wood flooring and carpeting that was newly installed for the club’s grand opening on 10/2/10.
“We will be working closely with the insurance company to insure that George’s reopens as quickly as possible.”asserted owner Todd Ghanizadeh. “This is quite a blow coming to hit us during the winter holiday season but we are scrambling and hope to reopen within one to two weeks.”he stated.
George’s nightclub recently opened on October 2nd, 2010 following a seven year absence from the Marin County and Bay Area at large nightclub scene. The opening night sold-out show has been followed by numerous other sold-out nights attended by audiences excited to attend shows at the brand new nightclub. The 5,200 square-foot venue has a plush 1940′s supper club vibe accentuated by a piano-shaped stage, cabaret seating, luxurious VIP leather banquettes near the back bar, blue neon lighted George’s signs on exposed raw red brick walls and an art deco marquee.
George’s will issue refunds to all patrons who have purchased tickets for upcoming shows in November. George’s will issue a press release announcing the new opening date as soon as all repairs have been completed.