SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF.–The Burritt Room, Mystic Hotel’s intimate film noir-inspired bar is named for Burritt Alley, where detective Sam Spade’s partner Miles Archer was gunned down in The Maltese Falcon. The adjoining restaurant, Burritt Tavern, led by Executive Chef Ashley Weaver, will draw its design from that speak-easy vibe. Six curtained booths create dark corners for private conversations with a menu of classics like steaks and chops done right. Foods are primarily locally sourced for maximum freshness.
Recently renovated hotel rooms featuring monochromatic white palette textiles are being “bumped up” a level in luxury featuring day beds for casual reading times and others with pull-out couches for extra accommodations. The new Charlie Palmer restaurant concept will open early April and hotel renovations are scheduled to debut late spring 2012. The hotel will remain open throughout construction with little to no effect on guests.
- Mystic Hotel: 417 Stockton Street, San Francisco, CA 94108
- Room Reservations:415.400.0500
- Proprietor: Charlie Palmer
- General Manager: Kevin Dimond
- Capacities: 79 Guest Rooms, Including 16 Junior Suites
- Dining: Burritt Tavern | Capacity 125 | Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Executive Chef: Ashley Weaver (formerly of Aureole NY and Charlie Palmer at Bloomingdale’s)
- Dining Room Manager: Matt Reina (formerly of Aureole NY)
- Cocktail Bar & Lounge: Burritt Room | Capacity 80 | Mon-Thu, 5pm-12am; Fri-Sat, 5pm-2am