Photos: A gummy bug (left), and gummy candy snot (right)
If you’re old enough to remember getting home-made popcorn balls in your Halloween candy bag, then you’ll appreciate the modern spin on popcorn for Halloween–chocolate poop. Not gross enough for you? Then you’ll have to buy candy bugs, green candy snot, scabs, boogers, blood and of course, mix in a few REAL chocolate covered scorpions, roaches, worms and ants.
If you don’t have access to a toy or candy store that sells these totally gross candies, go online and buy from places such as Candy Warehouse (candywarehouse.com) for a Halloween that will put you on the A-list so you won’t be considered a party pooper–or maybe you will!
Here’s are chocolate poop using popcorn or oats for texture:
Popcorn Chocolate Poop
1. Take one medium bar of plain chocolate and a handful of popcorn.
2. Melt in microwave, approx. 1 minute.
3. Mix in slightly crushed popcorn while chocolate is runny.
4. As chocolate cools and becomes firm, shape ingredients into poop.
Oat Chocolate Poop
1. Melt medium bar of plain chocolate in microwave.
2. Mix in approx. 1 cup of oats so that the mixture is stiff and dark brown.
3. Shape into poop logs.