Catalina Island, California — On Friday, December 31, 2010, The Yachtsmen, a 17-piece big band, transforms the famous Casino Ballroom and transports guests to the heyday of big bands, performing music from the 30s, 40, 50s & 60s at the 38th annual New Year's Eve party to ring in 2011. A gala sponsored annually by the Catalina Chamber of Commerce includes a buffet dinner, dancing, champagne split, one bottle of wine in a specially engraved bottle (#12 in a series), and party favors. At midnight the balloon drop from the ceiling of this spectacular ballroom overlooking the moonlit bay welcomes the new year with festive color and excitement.
The past menu:
* Traditional Caesar Salad with Garlic Parmesan Croutons
* Butter Lettuce, Maytag Blue Cheese, Candied Walnuts, Crispy Applewood Smoked Bacon, Balsamic Vinaigrette
* Wild Rice Pilaf, Dried Cherries, Toasted Pecans, Fresh Herbs
* Oven Roasted French Fingerling Potatoes, Carmelized Shallots, Roasted Garlic, Fresh Rosemary
* Orange Honey Glazed Carrots, Candy Cane Beets
* Petite French Green Beans, Toasted Hazelnuts, Frangelico Liquor
* Grilled Filet of Salmon with an Olive Tapenade Crust,
* Oven Roasted Roma Tomatoes, Lemon Basil Beurre Blanc
* Filet Mignon Encrusted with Maytag Blue Cheese, Aged Balsamic Demi Glaze
* Assorted Dinner Rolls and Butter
* Gourmet Assorted New Years Eve Desserts
A trio from the band will play during the dinner hour, and the full band will perform from 9:00 pm to 1:00 am. Coat & Tie are required; Black Tie is optional. CALL FOR RESERVATIONS (310)510-1520 or RESERVE ONLINE. Reservations for this year's Gala are $175.00 per person. Dinner reservations will be accepted for 7:00, 7:30, 8:00, or 8:30 pm. Guests will be admitted into the Ballroom no more than 15 minutes before their reservation time. Guests arriving early may wait in the Marine Bar on the Mezzanine, where seating and beverages will be available. The buffet dinner will be available until approximately 9:15 pm.
Call: 310-510-1520 or reserve online: catalinachamber.com.