An Insiders View of Some Favorite Places to Eat
Many say Buena Park has been the Theme Park Capital for decades and thousands of tourists go there to see Knott's Berry Farm, Pirates Dinner Adventure, Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament, the new Titanic-The Experience and Bodies-The Exhibition plus more. But it also has been known just as long for its incredibly delicious restaurants of every type, including the good food at Knott's, Pirates and Medieval Times. We decided to ask one of the area's longtime residents, who loves to eat out regularly with his wife, to list some of his favorite eateries. The former Marine and Deputy Sheriff was glad to oblige.
1. Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant, 8039 Beach Blvd., Buena Park. Since 1934, Mrs. Knott's home-cooking and original recipes have attracted more than 20 million customers. "I love her chicken, buttermilk biscuits, mashed potatoes, gravy and boysenberry pie. It makes me hungry just thinking of it," said our interviewee, who for decades has helped and continues to help the city be a better place to live.
2. Mike's BBQ, 11513, Knott Ave., Cypress. "Their pulled pork sandwiches are fantastic."
3. Polly's Pies, 14840 Beach Blvd., La Mirada. "Get their Chicken Fried Steak."
4. Sagan, 7801 Beach Blvd., Buena Park. "The meat falls off the Korean
5. Dalton's, 9575 Valley View St., Cypress. "They make a super egg salad sandwich!"
6. Aria, 7814 Orangethorpe Ave., Suite 106, Buena Park. "The food is cooked on your table. I like the BBQ thin-sliced beef."
7. Fuddruckers, 7802 Orangethorpe Ave., Buena Park. "Their Buffalo Burgers are lean, juicy and have less fat."
8. Hofs Hut, 7005 Knott's Ave., Buena Park. "Love their breakfast. Scrambled eggs, pancakes, big potatoes. Yum!"
9. Marie Callendars, 5960 Orangethorpe Ave., Buena Park. "Nothing beats their pork chops and salad bar."
10. Umani Mongolian Grill, 7855 La Palma Ave., Unit 1, Buena Park. "You can mix and match vegetables and meats. The chicken, pork and beef are wonderful." Note: may have closed recently.
Other options in Buena Park include popular Pink's Hot Dogs