OLIVIA'S TOP 10 EATERIES IN ORANGE
An Insider's View of Some Favorite Places to Eat & Drink in California
Olivia (friends call her "Liv") resides in Orange, the cute city known for its Downtown Circle, Children's Hospital, Chapman University and Watson's Drug & Soda Fountain (since 1899). The RN, who actually once played a nurse on "CSI: Miami," now loves living in the friendly community and munching at many of its splendid eateries. We asked her to let us know some of her favorites. Although Orange has many popular places, here are Olivia's:
1. CITRUS CITY GRILLE, 122 N. Glassell St.
"Crab Cake and Souffle"
2. FELIX CONTINENTAL CAFE, 36 Plaza Square
"Enchilado de Camarones" (Authentic Cuban) Enchiladas, Jumbo shrimp and Cuban Creole Sauce served with red rice and maduros
3. WATSON'S DRUG & SODA FOUNTAIN, 116 E. Chapman Ave.
"The Phosphates are the best!" (even if they aren't on the menu)
4. THE FILLING STATION CAFE (in what once was an old gas station), 201 N. Glassell St.
5. MARIE CALLENDER'S, 574 N. Tustin Ave. (The famous chains' first pie and coffee shop opened here in 1964)
6. ZITO'S PIZZA, 156 N. Glassell St.
"BBQ Chicken Pizza"
7. RENATA'S, 227 E. Chapman Ave.
"Fettuchini with Pesto"
8. JALAPENO'S, 154 N. Glassell St.
"Asada a la Tampiquena"
9. KIMMIE'S COFFEE CUP, 190 S.
"Cowboy Steak & Eggs" Cowboy steak & eggs - Texas cut of Angus rib-eye with 3 eggs. Red skinned potatoes, biscuits and gravy.
10. PERFECT CIRCLE CUPCAKERY, 165 N. Glassell St.
"Banana Bomb", a banana cupcake, with cream cheese frosting and caramel on top
Here are some other Top 10 Food Joints Nearby with recommendations from locals: Balboa Island Barb's Top 10 Food Joints, Downey TD's Top 10 Food Joints , Huntington Beach Top 10 Food Joints, Long Beach Bud's Top 10 Joints and North Orange County Top 10 Food Joints